Barefoot Contessa Easy Buttermilk Ranch
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 11/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise (yes, I use Hellmann's, this is one thing I need to make homemade, if you have a good recipe please share it/link it in the comments! thank you!)
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt, such as Fage Total (BTW I am NOT a fan of lowfat anything, however the 2% is all we had at our local grocery store. I have found in my area I can only find Whole Fage at Whole Foods in Franklin)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, shaken
Place the scallions, basil, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Puree for 15 to 20 seconds to make a smooth mixture. Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, and buttermilk and blend until smooth.
Transfer the dressing to a container, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavors to develop.
I enjoyed this over a simple salad made with local mixed greens and tomatoes.