About a week ago your local farmers, bakers and artisans attended the annual Franklin Farmer's Market vendor meeting. This was my first year as a returning vendor and I had a great time! I saw familiar faces, met new people and tried some amazing food! This year's market is going to be better than ever and I invite you to come out every weekend! In 2009 Pink Sugar Bowl was just getting started, and though I enjoyed the market I was unable to be there consistently. However this year we will be a full season vendor, meaning we'll be there every weekend May through October! (With the exception of a couple weekends that will be posted here and on the Pink Sugar Bowl Facebook Fan Page)
I am currently testing new recipes and adding new items to our menu, expanding the flavors of Whoopie Pies that will be available, including Coconut, Strawberry, Apple Cinnamon, Carrot Cake, Oatmeal, Peppermint and Peanut Butter! (Red Velvet will be available by special order only)
Now to all the fun details for this year's Market!
• Pink Sugar Bowl will be a full season vendor, meaning we will be there every weekend May through October. Booth assignment is still to be determined by the board. Once I receive my booth location I'll let you know where to find me!
• Saturday Market runs May through October 8am - 1pm, rain or shine!
• Tuesday Market (BRAND NEW) begins in June and will be held in the afternoon hours. More details to come.
• Growing Kids Project - in June an educational newsletter for children will launch. The purpose of it is to educate children on how things grow, why farms are important and the nutritional value of local foods. The newsletter will also include kid friendly recipes and activities to try!
• On St. Patrick's Day it was announced that the Franklin Farmer's Market is now a part of the Live Green partnership with Franklin.
• BB's BBQ will be a new food vendor this year! If you have ever tried their smoked turkey, pork or bologna you know what a fabulous treat this will be! I'm thrilled that customers and vendors alike will be able to buy one of their yummy sandwiches!
Vendors were asked to bring a food item to the meeting and boy did I taste a lot of yummy treats! Some are new vendors and some old but I have to point these out! You do not want to miss these delicious, locally made products!
- Bonnie Blue Farm - Garlic Chive Goat Cheese
- Erby's Place - Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Olive & Sinclair - locally, handmade chocolate
- BB's BBQ - smoked balogna
- Norton Family Farms - I especially love their mini quiche
- Divine Art Toffee - the dark chocolate is fabulous
- Triple L Ranch - delicious meat
- Hatcher Dairy - buttermilk and milk (their chocolate milk is the best!)
- Delvin Farms - produce
- James Gardner - fresh eggs and produce
- Karin Moolman - beautiful handmade jewelry
- Alfresco - Rigatoni and Basil Pesto
- Dozen A Nashville Bakery - Madeleines
- Rainbow Hill Farm - produce
- Susannah Bailey - savory cheesecake! DELICIOUS!!!
- Peaceful Pastures - all natural meat
- Ace's Kettle Corn
Those are just a few that I have tasted recently, there are many other great vendors at market and I hope you will come out with your families this season and support us all!
For up to date information on Pink Sugar Bowl products, market day reminders and customer specials follow this blog and fan us on Facebook!
I look forward to seeing you the first Saturday in May!